Increasingly evidence shows that chronic inflammation is the cause of many modern diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s disease or cancer. Also, whatever the cause of inflammation, the diet plays an essential role in increasing or reducing it. What I mean is that there are many foods with strong role in controlling inflammation.
1. Ginger is known for its beneficial effects on digestive diseases, the immune system and as a good anti-inflammatory. Gingerol, a substance important in ginger may be an effective remedy for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. Thus, ginger manages to calm the inflammatory reactions and improve circulation. The researches have shown that ginger was as effective as ibuprofen in people with osteoarthritis without any side effects of medicines.
2. Blueberries are some of the berries with the increased content of antioxidants, essential in the fight against premature aging and inflammation in the body. Blueberries strengthen the immune system and make it resistant against free radicals that attack the health and causes inflammation.
3. Indian turmeric is a spice with multiple therapeutic properties for the body. It contains curcumin, which is considered the most powerful anti-inflammatory existing. Integrate it in your daily menu by seasoning various meat or vegetables dishes, helps to combat the emergence of physical pain in the body and cancer. It may also be consumed as turmeric tea.Garlic is another food that should not miss from any anti-inflammatory diet. It contains sulfur compounds that are designed to fight inflammation in the body and pain caused by it.
5. Salmon is one of the types of fish with increased content of Omega 3 fatty acids, nutrients essential to combat inflammation in the body. It looks like wild Alaskan salmon has the most powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Pumpkin pie or “pie” is full of carotenoids. They are antioxidants which absorb free radicals that attack the body and protect it from disease, strengthening immunity. Beta-carotene in pumpkin efficiently fights inflammatory skin and lungs diseases.
7. Avocado is considered a natural medicine that relieves physical pain caused by inflammation.. It contains phytosterols, carotenoids and omega 3 fatty acids that effectively protects the body from inflammation and the risk of diseases associated with them.